Definitions and interpretation
Data Protection Laws
Tchin-Tchin, 'we' or 'us'
UK and EU Cookie
'User' or 'you'
collectively all information that you submit to Tchin-Tchin via this Website. Where applicable, this definition applies to the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws, including General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
a small text file on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of this Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the Cookies Policy;
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data including, but not limited to, the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Tchin-Tchin of 57 Newhall Crescent, Middleton, Leeds LS10 3RD;
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
any third party that accesses the Website anyone who is not (i) an employee of us, and acting in the course of their employment, or (ii) engaged as a consultant, or otherwise providing services, to us and accessing the Website in connection with such service provision; and
the Website that you are currently using, https://www.tchin-tchin.co.uk and any sub-domains
2. Unless otherwise stated, or the context requires different interpretation, the following is applicable:
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b. any reference to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices, are those of this website;
c. a reference to an individual includes companies, trusts, partnerships or Government entities;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification, or amendment, to it;
Scope of Policy
4. For the purposes of any applicable Data Protection Law, Tchin-Tchin is the "data controller", which means Tchin-Tchin determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. The following personal data may be collected from you:
b. contact information such as email address, and 'phone numbers.
6. Data is collected in the following ways:
a. given to us by you, when you:
1. contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email, or any other means;
2. register and/or set up an account with us;
3. complete, no-obligation, surveys that we use for research purposes;
4. enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
5. use our services;
b. collected automatically when accessing the Website, such as:
1. information to help us make improvements to the Website's content and navigation. This includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way in which you use and interact with its content.
7. Data for any, or all, of the above may be used by us to provide you with the best experience when visiting our Website, such as:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products and/or services;
c. issuing of email marketing materials that may be of interest;
d. contact for market research, via email, telephone, or mail, to help inform Website updates or customising.
8. Our use of your data, as detailed above, is where we deem it necessary for legitimate interests. If you are not happy this this, in certain circumstances you have the right to object - please see section titled "Your Rights".
9. For the purposes of direct marketing via email, we will need your consent. This consent will be via opt-in or soft opt-in:
a. soft opt-in is a specific type of consent, applicable when you have previously engaged with us. (For example, if you have contacted us to ask for information regarding a particular service and/or product, and we are marketing similar services and/or products). Under "soft opt-in" consent, your consent is taken as given unless you opt-out.
b. other types of e-marketing require us to obtain your specific consent, in that you need to take specific and affirmative action in order to consent, such as ticking as box that We provide.
c. if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time - please see section titled "Your Rights".
10. When you register with us and/or set up an account to receive products and/or services, you are entering into a contract with us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into a contract with us.
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people, for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers;
b. third part providers who provide services to us that require personal data - to facilitate third party service providers (where appropriate) in receipt of any shared data, to perform functions on our behalf either for the smooth running of the Website, or in relation to any services procured from us.
c. relevant authorities - to facilitate the detection of crime, or the collection of non-payment, taxes or duties.
Keeping Data Secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to secure your Data, such as:
a. access to your account is controlled by a and user name that is unique to you;
b. our Data is stored on secure servers.
13. We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected Data Breach. If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please advise us immediately via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. If you would like detailed information on how to keep your Data safe and protect your computers and other devices online against fraud, identity theft, viruses or other online concerns, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and other leading businesses.
Responsibility to Young People
17. We will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised individual under the age of 18 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, you must not use this Website or submit data to us unless you have consent, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold on you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse. If we refuse your request, we will advise you of the reasons.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or restrict the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email: email@example.com
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to how your Data is being handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) which can be found at https://www.ico.org.uk/
Much of this policy, but not all and not verbatim, was created adapting text provided by Rocket Lawyer https://rocketlawyer.co.uk
1. The Website Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the website https://www.tchin-tchin.co.uk. By browsing, accessing, using or registering with the Website, you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to the terms of the Website.
3. You, as the customer, are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by the account holder to protect their account.
Use of This Website
4. You may use, download and print content from this Website solely for your own personal use. You may not, however, without prior consent:
a. copy, reproduce, use or otherwise deal with any content on the Website.
b. modify, distribute or re-post any content on the Website for any purpose.
Ownership and Copyright
5. All of our published material and images within our Website are protected by copyright. "Tchin-Tchin" and its logo are registered trademarks. If you acquire any copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Website, whether by operation of law or otherwise, including any rights you may have in user generated that you submit via the Website, then you agree to assign those rights to us.
Changes to Website Terms
6. We reserve the right to change and update the Website terms and recommend you revisit this page to keep yourself informed of the current terms that apply. By continuing to access, browse and use the Website, you will be deemed to have agreed and accepted any changes or updates to our Website terms at any given point.
General Terms and Conditions of Sale
7. These Terms and Conditions apply to any order placed through the Website or in person; you must read these general Terms and Conditions of Sale. By placing any order via the Website or in person you confirm you have read, understood and agree to these in their entirety. We have taken all reasonable precautions to try to ensure the accuracy of pricing and product descriptions, however, when ordering please note:
a. orders are accepted on the basis that there are no known material errors in the description of products and/or services or their advertised price;
b. packing (where applicable) may vary from that shown;
c. the weights and/or dimensions (where applicable) shown are approximate only;
d. whilst we try to replicate colours accurately, physical colours you see depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee the colour you see will accurately reflect the actual colour of the product;
e. all products and/or services are subject to availability.
Acceptance of Your Order
8. Completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your order which takes place only when we dispatch your products, or engage in services. Products and services remain our property until we have received payment, in full, from you. Card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer and we take payment when you plan your order.
If payment is not received prior to products or services being issued/provided to you, payment must be made within 15 days - in the event of products being supplied, they must be returned, in the same condition that they were supplied and at your own expense, if payment is not received within this time frame.
We reserve the right to compensation for breach of any service based on the release of Intellectual Property or any service of that nature that is subject to any unpaid order.
We reserve the right to charge for any damage to any product that is subject to any unpaid order.
9. Your order will be despatched from the United Kingdom. Due to customs, legal, regulatory and/or other restriction, some of our products may not be available to certain destinations outside of the UK. We reserve the right to define what can be delivered to which destination. Please note that your order may be subject to import duty and that we cannot be held responsible for any import taxes or fees incurred on your order.
Accuracy of Content
10. Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on the Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party. The views expressed in user generated are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, values, opinions and beliefs of Tchin-Tchin.
Damage to your computer or other device
11. We make every effort to ensure that the Website is free from viruses and other harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of the Website will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct equipment (including anti-virus software) to use the Website safely and to screen out anything that can damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, we shall not be liable to any individual for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other harmful content that they access from, or via, this Website.
2. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
3. These Cookies enable Tchin-Tchin to improve the experience and service to you. If you wish, you may deny consent to placing Cookies, however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
4. The types and reason for the Cookies that may be placed by this Website are listed below:
a. Strictly necessary Cookies - these are necessary for the performance of our Website. They include Cookies such as ones that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart, or use e-billing. These are used to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our Website;
b. Analytical/performance Cookies - these allow us to recognise how users use our Website; count the number of visitors to the Website and see how they move around it. These help us to identify improvements to how the Website works, such as ensuring users easily find what they are looking for;
c. Functionality Cookies - these are used to identify you when you return to our Website, they identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns on our Website, and enable us to personalise our content for you, such as, your language preference.
5. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies from your internet browser. Most internet browsers accept Cookies by default, but. this can be altered via the help menu of your internet browser.
6. Cookies can be deleted at time, but this may cause information that enables you to access websites more quickly and efficiently to be lost.
7. If you are unsure about the privacy settings of your internet browser, or how to adjust them, recommend you consult your internet browser developer.
8. For more information on how to delete or disable Cookies for your computer, please look at www.aboutcookies.org